June 30, 2008

Spain end the drought...Enrique Iglesias in wonder land!


Torres didn't choke!

Spain finally end the long drought which kept them away from the major trophies over all the years when they had enough talented squads to run over a tournament....

I swear, just before the match I had predicted it to be a 2-0 victory to Spain with Spain scoring both the goals on break and Torres scoring one at least..And as it turned out the match was exactly as I had predicted it to be...only the second goal never came..maybe because Spain missed out so many chances and even when they could have scored in the last minute, they prferred to keep the ball and the possession....(I know, now you folks would be really fuming at the fact that I'm praising myself for predicting a WRONG scoreline...!!!!)

It was Shakira in the last world cup, Ricky Martin in 1998 and this time another Spaniard in Enrique Iglesias started the show with his own official song of the tournament......Spain just had to win thsi time!

Well coming on to the match...
Simply fantastic, the movement from Spain was so quick and amazing to watch...Marvellous football from Spain...Iniesta might be responsible for over doing a trick or two, otherwise Spain might have shown Germany what they really are....(A bunch of average players led by the only superstar in Michael Ballack)....
The workmanship and the resillience of Germany had to ultimately faulter at the final hurdle when they faced the most talented team of the tournament....(Maybe the Dutch might have the most talented individuals, but I am talking about a team!)

All praise to the lone striker Torres for the way he scored the goal out of nothing...Maybe it can be called as a goal keeping error from Lehman for coming out of his goal when Lahm had it covered but all credit to Torres for the phenomenal strenght and tremendous pace which took him past Lahm and the skill which made him to dink the ball over Lehman into the net...(Let's try to forgive the oldie.... Lehman at 38 ain't no Oliver Kahn!)

For me; Liverpool protege Torres, Brazillian born Senna, Real Madrid number one Casillas along with the ever so talented (supposedly next Maldini) Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos (nicknamed Tarzan!) were the true suprestars of the match......

And yeah...after a really long time we had a football match worth being called a final...Spain with swift passing and tremendous pace consistently broke into the German defence which seemed wanting in some tight situations....
it was a reallly an entertaining match...
(whoa!...I wonder where does Torres get his pace from...he must have been an Olympic sprinter...!)

Well to be honest it didn't really matter to me who won or who lost because there was no England in the tournament...but at the end of the day, we all would agree that the best team won...CHEERS...we finally had the kind of tournament we all desired for with all the teams playing more positive football than negative (unlike EURO 2004)

So now with EURO over and English Premier League almost two months away...I am really looking forward to Wimbledon...(since Maria Sharapova got eliminated I am just hoping for a Nadal-Federrer dream final...)

aaah....n yea the strike still continues in my valley and I am still sitting my ass in my room HOPING to do something.....!

1 comment:

Musadiq Ali said...

srry folks..i mean all you Shakira fans..I wrongly mentioned her as Spanish when she's actually Colombian...
lolz...but she looks so Spanish to me.......!!!